Re: [ESPResSo] MPI issue

From: Kai Grass
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo] MPI issue
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:58:02 +0200

Hi,

I can't really comment on your problem, but I can tell you, that I compiled Espresso using OpenMPI (Version 1.2.3) on Mac (Intel Dual Core) and on a Sunfire Cluster. Both versions work fine, so in principle it should also work for you.

mpirun -np 4 ~/Espresso/obj-XXX/Espresso_bin my_script.tcl

That is the correct call (which in fact is also issued by the Espresso wrapper).

To analyze your problem, it would help to have the config.log from Espresso. It looks like it didn't find the MPI libraries at compile time and resorted to the fake MPI implementation.

Greetings,
Kai