[ESPResSo] DPD/mbtools

From: Jacob Kirkensgaard
Subject: [ESPResSo] DPD/mbtools
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:41:09 +0200

Hello

I was testing the random_DPD.tcl script in the mbtools examples directory and couldn't get it to work. I have compiled with the DPD thermostat included, but running the script I keep getting something like this:

Unknown thermostat dpd
Usage of tcl-command thermostat:
'set' for status return or
 'set set off' to deactivate it (=> NVE-ensemble)
 'set set langevin <temp> <gamma>' or
 'set set npt_isotropic <temp> <gamma0> <gammav>'
    while executing
"thermostat set dpd $systemtemp $dpd_gamma $dpd_r_cut"
    invoked from within
"if { $thermo == "DPD" } {
    thermostat off
    thermostat set dpd $systemtemp $dpd_gamma $dpd_r_cut
    mmsg::send $this "DPD thermostat has been se..."
    (file "./scripts/main.tcl" line 205)

Can anyone run this out of the box or are there something wrong with the lines in main.tcl script? Are there any special compilation requirements for the DPD thermostat not written in the documentation? I am not using any of the trans/mass dpd stuff, but maybe some of it has to be compiled in anyhow?
I have tried both versions 2.1.0 and the new one.

Perhaps someone has another DPD script they would share, preferable one that normally works...

Best
Jacob