[ESPResSo] Checkpoint- NPT Simulations

From: Salvador Herrera Velarde
Subject: [ESPResSo] Checkpoint- NPT Simulations
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:43:25 -0500

Hi,

I have a problem when I want to restart a simulation from a checkpoint (NVT), althought the same situation is  present with NPT simulations.

In our cluster we have a time-limit to run simulations (the job is automatically killed), so from time to time I need to restart the simulations from the last checkpoint. But even when the simulation was running fine before was killed, when I tried to restart the simulation it crashes and complains about floating point exception.

The same problemm occurs for NPT simulations, but in this case the problem is worst because for any system after the thermalizacion (NVT and capped forces) the system crashes every time.

Any suggestion how to fix this?

Thanks a lot

Salvador