[ESPResSo-users] Any limit of the lattice Boltzmann grid number?

From: Chunda Zhou
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Any limit of the lattice Boltzmann grid number?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 00:34:01 -0400

Hello guys.

My current box length is 690. And I want to have LB grid size at 0.004 (0.004x100nm).
Since 690/0.004 is an integer, then it meets the requirement of the lb agrid. However, the system tells me they are not compatible. And then I change the size 0.004 to 1.0, when the system said "could not allocate memory". It works when the size is 10. But the question is what is the maximum of the number of grid it allows? Is this number memory and computer (32-bit or 64bit) dependent?

Best wishes,

--
Chunda Zhou
Department of Physics