Re: [ESPResSo-users] pore constraint in lb_boundary_gpu

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] pore constraint in lb_boundary_gpu
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:06:41 +0100

On Saturday 17 December 2011, Farnoosh Farahpoor wrote:
> Dear Espresso developers
> I want to know is there any technical reason that the gpu version of
> lb_boundary doesn't contain pore constraint?

No, the pore constraint simply appeared, while the GPU code was developed, and
then wasn't ported.

> Because of the big size of my box I need to use the gpu version of LBM and
> I need a pore constraint.
> Could you please give me a hint that what can I do?

You can use the current git version
(https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=espressomd), where we unified the
GPU/CPU code, and therefore all constraints are implemented for both. However,
be aware that this is still the development version, and is potentially more
buggy than the release versions, although at present, it is already fairly
stable, as we plan to release soon the next version.

Many regards,
Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold      Tel: +49 711 685 67609
ICP, Universität Stuttgart      Email: address@hidden