Re: [ESPResSo-users] Short and introductory course to ESPResSo

From: Olaf Lenz
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Short and introductory course to ESPResSo
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:58:19 +0100

Hi!

On 02/13/2012 06:33 PM, Salvador H-V wrote:
> We are trying to grow the community of ESPResSo users' in Mexico.

Excellent!

> I was wondering if iI could make use of the presentations, scripts
> and information (with the corresponding credits) that are currently
> available at the CECAM web page:
> http://www.cecam.org/workshop-5-532.html

At least for everything authored by people from ICP I can say that you
are very welcome to use the material (i.e. Olaf Lenz, Christian Holm,
Axel Arnold). This encompasses most of the presentations and also the
first two tutorials.

I will send you the sources (Open Office) of my talk ("Basic Usage of
ESPResSo") off the list.

As for the stuff of the other people, I'm pretty sure that noone will
object, but to be on the safe side, you can directly write to the
authors if you want to use their presentations.

> Finally, I would really appreciate any suggestion/observation for
> the course or additional material that you could offer me.

I think that the material offered there is best suited for your purpose.
You might also want to have a look at the "tutorials" that come with the
development source code (and soon with ESPResSo 3.1):

        http://espressomd.org/jenkins/job/ESPResSo/doclinks/4/
        http://espressomd.org/jenkins/job/ESPResSo/doclinks/5/

Olaf

--
Dr. rer. nat. Olaf Lenz
Institut für Computerphysik, Pfaffenwaldring 27, D-70569 Stuttgart