[ESPResSo-users] Installing Espresso-MPI issue

From: Vincent Ustach
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Installing Espresso-MPI issue
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:17:18 -0800

Hello, first time using the mailing list!

I am installing Espresso 3.1.1 for the first time on a shared cluster. During configuration the system can not find MPI_init and as a result will not parallelize. The relevant code in ./configure starts looking for the MPI at line 4028.

I have two ideas:

-- I am wondering if Espresso can not find the proper MPI file, in which case how do I direct it to the proper location during configuration?

-- The user guide provided on the web page says MPI standard version 1.2 is required. We only have later versions on this cluster:

/opt/modulefiles/mpi

openmpi/1.4.2-gnu45-ib

openmpi/1.4.2-intel11-ib

openmpi/1.4.2-pgi90-ib