Re: [ESPResSo-users] terminal velocity for LB fluid

From: Owen Hickey
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] terminal velocity for LB fluid
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:09:06 +0200

Hey all,

For calculating the constant g I would recommend applying the counter force to the fluid as suggested by Stefan and done in the original sample script. I would also perhaps lower the time step to 0.05 as their is a slight dependence on the time step if my memory serves me correctly. In addition you should be aware of the 1/L dependence on the box length and extrapolate to big box sizes (or use a much larger box size than was used in the original script).

Owen