Re: [ESPResSo-users] copy_particles command

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] copy_particles command
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 10:15:56 +0200

On 10/17/2013 04:52 AM, Udit Dewan wrote:
> Dear all
>
> Does the copy_particles command set the same molecular ID for all
> copied particles as the original particles? If so, is there any way to
> distinguish between these particles when we are using analyze
> aggregation command?
>
> Regards
> Udit Dewan

Hi!

copy_particles copies all properties, including the mol_id, if set.
However, the particles are added right after the currently existing
ones, so you know which particles these are and can fix their mol_ids
manually (for example, loop over all new particles, get the current
mol_id by [part print mol_id] and then setting a new  mol_id with an offset.

Cheers,
Axel

--
JP Dr. Axel Arnold