Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method

From: Stefan Kesselheim
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Simulation of fluid using LB-method
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:57:27 +0100

Hi everybody,
please forgive me, but is it clear that the solution is converged? Markus, have
you tried running for twice (or half) as many steps, and checked that you get
exactly the same results?
Because near the boundary the curvature looks perfect and closer to the center
I'm not sure.

Let me make one thing clear. With our staggered grid the position of the node
(m,n,o) is at m+0.5, n+0.5, o+0.5. This means if you lbboundary is located at
z=1, it means there is a layer of wall nodes at x=*, y=*, z=0.5. For not too
high viscosities (should be in the He formula as well) no measurable slip
should appear and the hydrodynamic boundary should be located mid-grid, thus at
z=1.
If you place a boundary at - say - 0.8, the hydrodynamic boundary of course is
still at 1.

I'm not sure, Markus, if you put these parameters correctly into you
theoretical curve. We introduced the staggered grid some time after Georg's
bachelor thesis to allow for using a nonzero skin with LB.

Cheers
Stefan