Re: [ESPResSo-users] OIF - background_errors

From: Iveta Jancigova
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] OIF - background_errors
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 09:57:27 +0200

Hi,

it also depends on the size of your object. If it is small, it basically "flows with the fluid" and as the fluid flows past the obstacle, so does the object.

However, if your object is large - let's say, half of the object is in the flow that goes above the obstacle and the other half in the flow that goes below the obstacle, then the object hits the obstacle and the soft-sphere potential is not strong enough to prevent particles from entering.

If you send the complete script together with obstacles and the mesh-files you are using for your object, we could take a look.

Regards,
Iva

Message: 1