[ESPResSo-users] particle does not exist

From: Xikai Jiang
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] particle does not exist
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:54:36 -0400

Dear all:

I've got a question about deleting particles from a simulation continued
from previous one.

In the older simulation, I wrote blockfiles to store particle information such as pid,
positions, velocities.

When the old simulation finished, I continued to run it by reading saved blockfiles by
the following command:

set last [open "confout" "r"]
while { [ blockfile $last read auto] != "eof" } { }
close $last

The simulation can continue running without problem, however, when I attempt to
delete a particle, it said "particle 4633 does not exist and cannot be removed".
I'm sure that particle 4633 exists in the saved configuration file.

Does anyone encounter this problem before?

Thanks for your time!

XIkai