Re: [ESPResSo-users] unit of magnetization

From: Markus Gusenbauer
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] unit of magnetization
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 09:59:36 +0200

Hi Rudolf,

I calculate dipolar interactions with particles much larger, that temperature would make an effect.

Thanks for all the useful information!

Markus

On 23.06.2014 15:29, Rudolf Weeber wrote:
Hi,
On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 03:15:56PM +0200, Markus Gusenbauer wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. What happens if I use the DAWAANR
interaction?
Dawaanr is just the same.
inter magnetic 1 dawaanr

I can't calculate lamda and alpha.
Why is that? Are you simulating at zero temperature?
In that case, you would have compare the dipolar interaction to an other energy
scale you are using.
The energy per particle of two touching dipolar particles in the head-to-tail
configuration in Espresso is
E =m^2 /r^3,
where m= dipole moment and r=distance between dipoles. This is for the bjerum
length =1 case, mentioned before.
You can calculate this energy for the particles you are studying and then
convert it to what ever energy scale you are using in your simulations.

Regards, Rudolf