[ESPResSo-users] Boundary condition and external force on electrokinetic

From: Luman Qu
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Boundary condition and external force on electrokinetics fluid
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:36:57 -0700

Hi all,

I am exploring the newly-included Electrokinetics feature and have some questions. I would like to simulate continuous flow under external force (e.g. gravity).

1. According to the user guide, there is no option to apply an external force on the electrokinetic (EK) fluid. One can only apply electric force on the species in the EK fluid. Is there a way to apply an external force on the fluid itself (I believe it is possible for the lbfluid)?

2. I am a bit confused about the periodic boundary condition defined in the Espresso. Say if I want to simulate a continuous flow with two open ends (like a flow in a pipe), would the same fluid leaving from one end enter pipe again from the other end? Or it is the "fresh" fluid as initialized enter the pipe?

Thank you so much in advance for any clarification.

Sincerely,
Luman