[ESPResSo-users] Verlet list and LB

From: Hender Lopez
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Verlet list and LB
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:02:52 +0100

Dear all,

I am running some sims with a LB thermostat and if I use the CPU
version (espresso-3.2.0 and espresso-3.3.0) I get the following error:

background_errors 0 {104 LB requires either no Verlet lists or that
the skin of the verlet list to be less than half of lattice-Boltzmann
grid spacing.}

Now if I use a skin greater that half of lattice-Boltzmann grid
spacing with the GPU LB version the programs runs without any problem
(again for both versions of espresso). My question is: is this OK , is
the GPU version able to handle a skin greater that half of
lattice-Boltzmann grid?

Best,

Hender