Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question about LANGEVIN_PER_PARTICLE implementation

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Question about LANGEVIN_PER_PARTICLE implementation
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 18:55:37 +0000

Hi,

I am intrigued by this LANGEVIN_PER_PARTICLE feature. From the code in
the master it looks like it is meant to give each particle an individual
temperature, but that is never coupled to the rest of the system. So one
needs to make sure in the simulation script that things are
thermodynamically consistent. It might be worthwhile to put a remark in
the users guide because otherwise this feature is prone to be used for
all kinds of bollocks...

Cheers,
Ulf

--