[ESPResSo-users] speedy question

From: Dudo
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] speedy question
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:47:58 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question concerning computational speed.

I'm running a simulation of 4000 beads chain, and the performance seems to me a bit slow since I'm able to calculate only around 7 millions steps a day.

The simulations are running in parallel on 12 cores which I found optimal.

May this speed be adequate? I did some time ago atomistic simulations of ~7,000 atoms and I was obtaining several nanoseconds a day.

Is there a way to compile Espresso for single precision or some tricks like that?

Kind regards,
Dudo

--
Ing. Dusan Racko, PhD