Re: [ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass

From: Ulf Schiller
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Calibration of friction/mass
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 16:51:24 +0100

On 19/05/15 19:37, Owen Hickey wrote:
> noticed a difference between the friction in a thermalized LB and a
> quiescent LB (I am not 100% sure though). I actually though of a

This has puzzled me at first, but after some thought I think it is not
surprising because the Stokes-Einstein relation holds strictly speaking
for large Schmidt numbers only. The deviation is a non-linear effect
though, and I doubt ESPResSo's integrator can accurately capture it. At
any rate, for the viscous coupling the difficulty is to separate effects
from the boundary condition from effects of imperfect scale separation.

Best wishes,
Ulf

--
Dr Ulf D Schiller