Re: [ESPResSo-users] 1d colloidal system with MMM1D

From: Axel Arnold
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] 1d colloidal system with MMM1D
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 18:13:38 +0200

Hi!

Mmm1d should serve your purpose, and as far as I remember, the code actually
notices that the nonperiodic component is zero and adds only one term in the
underlying expansion. Nevertheless, the algorithm has N-squared complexity, and
is thus not suitable for systems larger than maybe 500 particles.

Best,
Axel