Re: [ESPResSo-users] Reason for warm up integration

From: Peter Košovan
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Reason for warm up integration
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 17:46:09 +0200

Because as soon as you get rid of the overlaps, the integration of the equations of motion becomes numerically stable. And a stable integration reproduces the correct physics of particle collision, as you described it. By pure thermal fluctuations, the particles never come closer than 0.9*sigma (you use the standard LJ potential). More precisely, the probability that this happens during the simlation is negligible.

inter ljforcecap 0 switches off the capping and uses the full potential (please read the manual).

With best regards,

peter