[ESPResSo-users] Temperature of the system with virtual particle

From: Nairhita Samanta
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Temperature of the system with virtual particle
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 20:55:02 +0530

Hi all!

I wanted to know I am performing a simulation with virtual particles in it which are of course related to a real particle, and I have set the temperature of the system by Langevin thermostat. The temperature I am obtaining while running the simulation(which gets printed on terminal), is it giving me the exact temperature of the system. Because it seems little deviated. Or is it because its giving me an average temperature per partilce including the virtual particle, thats why it seems deviated. In this case is the NVT maintained or not.
I do not have this feature "VIRTUAL_SITES_THERMOSTAT" switched on.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Nairhita