[ESPResSo-users] Exclude particles from interaction

From: address@hidden
Subject: [ESPResSo-users] Exclude particles from interaction
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 19:27:06 +0200

Dear all,

I use the current development version with pypresso. If I understand it
correctly, using the "exclude" method of the particle class disables all
non-bonded interactions between the excluded particles.

I have a situation, where I want to suppress the steric Lennard-Jones
interaction, but keep the short-range electrostatic interaction for
certain particles. Is this possible?

I am asking, because in the feature chapter of the user guide it says:
"EXCLUSIONS Allows to exclude specific short ranged interactions within
molecules." So it seems like it would be possible.

Best,
Clemens