Re: [ESPResSo-users] Brownian dynamics in espresso

From: Henri
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Brownian dynamics in espresso
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 10:43:18 +1300

Dear Hender,

The Brownian dynamics integrator was removed at some point because the
implementation was
architecturally flawed.  The main integration loop had been duplicated and
diverged that far, that
certain features which had been implemented later were not forwarded to BD and
thus not available.
Hence, the decision was made to completely remove BD (which was interwoven with
Stokesian Dynamics).
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/pull/1094

Apparently Theo Tanygin is currently preparing a reimplementation of BD but it
is unlikely that it
will be included in the upcoming 4.0 release.
https://github.com/espressomd/espresso/issues/1360

Cheers, Henri