Re: [ESPResSo-users] Using two different Lennard-Jones potentials for sa

From: Henri Menke
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Using two different Lennard-Jones potentials for same particles
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 12:42:52 +1300

Hi Reza,

In your current interaction setup the second one will overwrite the first.  But
you can work around it by simply reversing the numbers in the second call.

system.non_bonded_inter[1, 2].lennard_jones.set_params(
    epsilon=ep1, sigma=1.0,
    cutoff=1.1225, shift="auto", offset=0.0, min=0.0)

system.non_bonded_inter[2, 1].lennard_jones.set_params(
    epsilon=ep2, sigma=1.0,
    cutoff=2.5, shift="auto", offset=0.0, min=1.1225)

The compiler error is not reproducible for me on Ubuntu 16.04 with libraries and
tools from the official repositories.  Do you happen to have a version of FFTW3
which you compiled yourself?  In that case it could be that you originally built
it without the -fPIC flag but after a system updated (or whatever) your linker
is now enforcing position independent executables to mitigate recent Intel
processor security bugs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Position-independent_code

Currently the ESPResSo build system does not have a switch to disable algorithms
using FFTW3 because they are an integral part of ESPResSo's feature set.  You
could try removing the FFTW3 paths from the CMake configurations file by hand or
using the ccmake command line tool.

Kind regards,
Henri