Re: [ESPResSo-users] python2 or python3

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] python2 or python3
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 13:00:36 +0200

Hi,

The 4.0.2 release supports both Python2 and Python3. We do not plan to modify the 4.0 branch any longer, unless a critical bug is found. We encourage our users to develop for espresso using Python3.

The pull requests on GitHub are merged against the development branch, which currently still supports both Python2 and Python3. The commits you mention updated the Travis-CI and GitLab-CI files to use Python3 instead of Python2 during our automated CI tests. These modifications are part of the upcoming 4.1.0 release.

Best regards,
JN