Re: Polymer modeling

From: Florian Weik
Subject: Re: Polymer modeling
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 08:34:24 +0000

Hi Justine,

you can find a setup for a minimal (Kremer-Grest) polymer simulation in
Espressos

samples in `samples/minimal-polymer.py`. Polymerization I think can be
potentially

modeled by dynamic bonding, which you can read about in the documentation[1].

Currently this does not support dynamic removal of bonds, so it is not possible
to reach

a dynamic equilibrium, but this has been used in the past for studies of
aggregation and

polymerization, so it is suitable for at least some applications.

If you have further questions, you are welcome to ask, but please direct your
messages

to the Espresso mailing list[2], so that others can benefit from the dialog too.

Hope that helps,

Florian

[1]:
http://espressomd.org/html/doc/advanced_methods.html#creating-bonds-when-particles-collide