Re: Regarding dealing with non-spherical particles in Ferrofluid - Part

From: Rudolf Weeber
Subject: Re: Regarding dealing with non-spherical particles in Ferrofluid - Part I
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 16:31:20 +0200

Hi Chandra,
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 07:30:12PM +0530, chandra shekhar maurya wrote:
>  I am trying to do simulation for "Ferrofluid - Part I", using
> non-spherical particles.
> So how can I deal with non-spherical particles like ellipsoid, flake shape.
> Your help will be highly obliged.
For ellipsoidal particles, you can use the Gay-Berne interaction, which is
available in Espresso.
For other cases, you can make use of the raspberry model as an approximation
(using Espresso's VirtualSitesRelative feature).
See e.g., the works on magnetic cube-like particles by Kantorovich et al.

Regards, Rudolf