Re: access to online documentations previous versions

From: Jean-Noël Grad
Subject: Re: access to online documentations previous versions
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:16:53 +0200

Hi

All user guides since 4.0.0 remain available online. Simply change the version number in the URL:
https://espressomd.github.io/doc4.1.4/index.html

The user guide can also be built locally with command `make sphinx`.

The espressomd.org website has a redirection to the new host that takes the version number into account. Therefore a bookmarked URL like
https://espressomd.org/html/doc4.1.4/constraints.html#available-shapes
will redirect to
https://espressomd.github.io/doc4.1.4/constraints.html#available-shapes
as expected.

If your web browser redirects you to 4.2, you probably bookmarked the devel version of the user guide instead of a specific version. The devel version is a rolling version, which may explain why you are now seeing features introduced in the 4.2.0 release. In that case, simply update your bookmarked pages with "4.1.4" in the URL.

Best,
JN