freeipmi-users

RE: [Freeipmi-users] ASUS IPMI card

From: Felix, Evan J
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-users] ASUS IPMI card
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 10:06:40 -0700

I had not as of yet setup other accounts, so I set one up using the
User3 config tools using the bmc_config program.  Before this I had used
the admin user on User2. I enabled the Capabilities you mentioned below.
Unfortunatly I still get the invalid username from the ipmipower and
ipmiconsole tools.

In looking at the asus provided changes to the OpenIPMI stack they
provide this code to access a console:
-----------------------------code
# Set SOL Enable
./openipmicmd -k "0f 00 0c 21 01 01 01"          lan -U admin -P
$SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri hmac_sha1 -Rc
none $SOL_IP 623

# Activate Payload
./openipmicmd -k "0f 00 06 48 01 01 00 00 00 00" lan -U admin -P
$SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri hmac_sha1 -Rc
none $SOL_IP 623

# Set SOL Baud Rate
./openipmicmd -k "0f 00 0c 21 01 05 $SOL_BAUD_RATE_TYPE"          lan -U
admin -P $SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri
hmac_sha1 -Rc none $SOL
_IP 623

clear
# Start SOL console
./solterm lan -U admin -P $SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra
rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri none -Rc none -bitrate=$SOL_BAUD_RATE $SOL_IP
-holdoff

# Set SOL Disable
./openipmicmd -k "0f 00 0c 21 01 01 00"          lan -U admin -P
$SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri hmac_sha1 -Rc
none $SOL_IP 623

# Deactivate Payload
./openipmicmd -k "0f 00 06 49 01 01 00 00 00 00" lan -U admin -P
$SOL_ADMIN_PASSWD -L admin -A rmcp+ -Ra rakp_hmac_sha1 -Ri hmac_sha1 -Rc
none $SOL_IP 623

Are the SOL Enable/Disable commands sent by the ipmipower tool, or the
Deactivate Payload commands?

Using the bmc-config tool, my SOL_Conf section is completely blank.

Evan