freeipmi-users

[Freeipmi-users] How do I find information on a PCI device using Freeipm

From: Steve M
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] How do I find information on a PCI device using Freeipmi over the network?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2015 17:08:10 -0800

Hi,

I've been having quite a time trying to use Freeipmi to discover and monitor a
PCI device in my server. Using an IBM server going through IMM over the network
using Freeipmi, I can't seem to be able to get any information on the PCI
devices in the server. The Freeipmi only returns basic information on the
system such as the BMC, chassis, power supplies, fans, etc. No information on
the devices plugged into the PCI slots.

I've tried basic commands like "ipmi-fru" to get the FRU list, "ipmi-sensors",
etc. and haven't been able to get any information from the devices in the PCI
slots.

Just hoping someone has had experience using Freeipmi to be able to get
information from the devices in the PCI slots.

Specifically, I would like to get the FRU information as well as device ID, I2C
slave address, etc. for accessing the device.

Thanks for any information that you can provide...