freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] Installing Freetalk

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] Installing Freetalk
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 08:43:18 +0530

I was trying to install GNU Freetalk 0.69, but ran into dependency
issues. I have got loudmouth (with SSL support) and guile also seems
to be there:

address@hidden freetalk-0.69]$ which guile
/usr/bin/guile
address@hidden freetalk-0.69]$

However ./configure gives me:
configure: error: ERROR! guile not found...

The full output of ./configure is given below:

address@hidden freetalk-0.69]$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for library containing tgetent... -lncurses
checking for readline in -lreadline... yes
checking for scm_boot_guile in -lguile... no
configure: error: ERROR! guile not found...
address@hidden freetalk-0.69]$

Regards,
Debarshi

--
"I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?"