[ft-devel] Export services?

From: Chia-I Wu
Subject: [ft-devel] Export services?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:03:55 +0800

Hi,

There are some functions which are wrappers to services.  Then why not
simply export the services to clients?

The idea is, we let modules decide which services, among those they
provide, to export.  For a exported service, it should provide headers,
not depending on internal headers, to describe the interface.  Of course
error-checking should be done with more care in this case.  To make
finding a service faster, we can use integers as service id, instead of
strings.

These are what I can think of now.  Surely there are more things we
should pay attention to when exporting services, but it also means
freetype can get more powerful.

olv