Re: [ft-devel] Freetype support C++/CLI

From: Graham Asher
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype support C++/CLI
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:11:49 +0100

Some time ago I built FreeType as managed code for .NET and used it in a project that used a C++/CLI wrapper, so it is definitely possible. I had to make some internal changes, though. FreeType used the identifier 'generic', which conflicts with a keyword in C++/CLI, s I replaced it with '_generic' throughout; and (from memory - it was some years ago), I think I had to replace all uses of setjmp and longjmp with the use of error codes propagated up the call stack. And the system then worked perfectly.

I give this information merely to show that it's possible. I no longer have the code changes I made, and cannot give any support or further information. But knowing that something is possible can be encouraging.

- Graham Asher