Re: [ft-devel] FT_MulDiv optimization

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FT_MulDiv optimization
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:54:50 +0200 (CEST)

> The following will roughly double the space of optimal calculations.
> Comments?

Well, at the same time it reduces the available range for `c' by more
than 50%.  Before doing such a change a statistical analysis of values
for `a', `b', and `c' in common fonts would be reasonable, I think.
If there is an increase of `hits', your patch would be good.

I can imagine that such an analysis would be useful in general; it
might be posssible to play around with the limits for `a', `b', and
`c' to find a combination that gets executed most.