Re: Logging library

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Logging library
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 10:06:27 +0200 (CEST)

> Logging libraries are used for collecting and filtering and storing
> logs *in production systems*.  What you seem to want is better
> debugging facilities.  That's it.

OK, wrong use of terms.  Sorry for that.  I want a logging library (or
rather, a library that provides such facilities, whatever it is
called) to improve debugging.  The project is not intended to become
part of production versions of FreeType.

Does this clarify my intentions?

> You seem to be on the camp of "how can more stuff be a bad idea."

Not at all.  But FreeType's debugging capabilities, inspite of the
zillion tracing statements part of the source code, are still not
sufficient IMHO to quickly get meaningful logging data.  And I use the
logging output *a lot* to identify the reason for bugs.