Re: freetype.org now hosted on gitlab pages

From: Bermler
Subject: Re: freetype.org now hosted on gitlab pages
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 18:48:12 +0000

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 2:43 PM, Anurag Thakur <devanuragthakur@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the references Nikhil, I am sure they will be helpful😊.

> not a good idea unless we maintain multiple
copies of the docs

Hmm, you have a point. It's not really necessary to update docs on each commit, maybe we can mark the new APIs as in-progress and add a switch to show only released APIs, but that's a future problem.

the docs should be rebuilt each time the website is built. Harfbuzz does builds of the site every day at a set time, no reason why we can’t do the same.
However the main point was that storing the freetype2/docs/ in the freetype-web repo is unnecessary, we can simply configure a CI job to deploy the API reference website whenever we need to change it, and Alexei doesn't have to worry about changes to those files 😄.
you are right. This is the way to do it.

I will see what I can do about this, maybe this weekend.
I’ll see what I can do too. We can compare works like we did before :)
Regards
Anurag