Re: test font with both SVG and COLR table

From: Roderick Sheeter
Subject: Re: test font with both SVG and COLR table
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 10:02:39 -0800

Strikes me we should consider adding a PaintBitmap to COLRv1. That would make it possible for us to convert many (though not all) fonts between COLRv1 <=> ot-svg. Looking at my own little slice of the world I could imagine onboarding a COLRv1 font to Google Fonts and if a Safari user happens to try to view a page using it they receive an ot-svg equivalent. The font file they get will be much bigger but it will Just Work.