Re: Update FreeType's build systems (GSoC Project Idea #1)

From: Afrid Hussain
Subject: Re: Update FreeType's build systems (GSoC Project Idea #1)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 19:27:19 +0530

Thanks Alexei Podtelezhnikov, I made it on windows too.

As Werner told, I was able to build freetype on MacOS, GNU/Linux, Windows.
What is the next step, I need to do?

Thanks

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022, 2:30 AM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <apodtele@gmail.com> wrote:

>> ===> For windows
>> Coming to windows I was having trouble building on it. I need some guidance to build freetype library on windows. Can anybody help me?
>
> for an environment similar to linux : install MSYS2 (msys2.org, follow
> all the steps there) and you have a posix-like terminal, with packages
> installed with a windows port of pacman. Then compile like on linux

We also have a Visual Studio project file under builds/windows/vc2010 with a comment on its usage under Build Tools (msbuild).