Re: zlib

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: zlib
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 06:04:39 +0000 (UTC)

> On 3/31/22 11:15, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>
>> - The internal 'zlib' code has been updated to be in sync with the
>>   current 'zlib' version (1.2.11).
>
> zlib 1.2.12 was released earlier this week

Sigh.  As mentioned on the 'freetype' list, I had checked zlib's git
archive five days ago, and there was no sign then that three days ago
a new version suddenly appeared...

> - fortunately, the security bug it fixed [1] was in the compression
> code, not decompression, so I would guess does not affect FreeType,
> but the changelog [2] does mention other bug fixes that might.
>
> [1] https://www.theregister.com/2022/03/30/zlib_data_bug/
> [2] https://www.zlib.net/ChangeLog.txt

Given that I screwed up the creation of `.pc` files with CMake
(already fixed in git), I will try to do a new FreeType release in
about a week, also checking whether I can easily update zlib (or
whether I have to ask David Turner for help :-)