Re: Issue on type42 parsing in Freetype

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Issue on type42 parsing in Freetype
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 05:07:21 +0000 (UTC)

>     I met an issue in function t42_parse_sfnts, the statement in
>     line 692 seem incorrect as below: [...]

What exactly do you mean with 'meeting an issue'?  Do you have a font
that produces strange output because of this line?

>       size = (FT_ULong)( limit - parser->root.cursor );
>
>    this parser->root.cursor is changed, result the size takes
>    incorrect value, it is not size of sfnt table.

IIRC, `size` is not the size of the SFNT table but the size of the
available data.  It is only used for checking array boundaries.

> I use the freetype 2.11.0 library

For checking problems it is always best (and easiest for us) if you
test the git version of FreeType.