Re: Update on community bonding phase: Plans on refactoring ftinspect

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Update on community bonding phase: Plans on refactoring ftinspect
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 08:35:26 +0000 (UTC)

>> [Charlie, please subscribe to the 'freetype-devel' mailing list.]
>
> But I can still manage my subscription status on
> https://lists.nongnu.org/ . Is my subscription accidentally dropped?

Ah, your status was 'moderated' for some unknown reason.  Now fixed.

>> I don't know.  What would be the advantage of having everything in a
>> single file?
>
> IMO, those widgets could be considered "auxiliary components", and
> are pretty far from the core logic.  Therefore, it should be made
> less "loud" (it's 8 source files out of 23 in total - more than 1/3
> !)

OK.  I have no objections.

>> Well, the coding style of `ftinspect` is *far* more standard than
>> the FreeType library itself:-)
>
> I will try to imitate it at my best.  I'm using the .clang-format
> file from FreeType project - should I do that?

Good question, I don't know.  I've never used it, but it probably
doesn't work as expected for the `ftinspect` source code.  In case you
find (or create) a proper formatting style file, we can add it to the
git repository.