Re: Qt5 versions in Ubuntu (Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: compilation of `fti

From: Charlie Jiang
Subject: Re: Qt5 versions in Ubuntu (Re: [Freetype-devel] Re: compilation of `ftinspect` fails)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:47:35 +0800

Hi 鈴木さん, Werner and Vincent,

I think supporting Qt 5.12 is helpful for lazy late adapters like me
Indeed, that's my initial idea. I can imagine doing this as an optional task near the end of the GSoC session, if possible (e.g. I install a older version and fix all errors with conditional compilation). Before that, if you have difficulties getting the latest version for testing my code, a VM would help I presume. I could share my Kubuntu Hyper-V image if needed.

I've updated my openSUSE box, and I'm now using Qt 5.15.2.  However, I
still ask you to adjust the meson and cmake build files to request a
proper minimum version for Qt (this is not urgent, though).
This has been already done on the `gsoc-2022-chariri-3` branch, see commit `6b79a1f4`.

As for the EFL toolkit, I'm afarid that it's too late (already ~6000 SLOC of Qt) and it's a pity that I have no experience about that...

Cheers,
Charlie Jiang

在 周四 2022/7/28 13:50, suzuki toshiya 写道:
Dear Werner, Charlie,

In the case of Ubuntu, the versions of Qt are following.

18.04LTS (until April 2023): 5.9.5
20.04LTS (until April 2025): 5.12.8
21.10: 5.12.2
22.04LTS (until April 2027): 5.15.3
Kinetic:  5.15.4

I think supporting Qt 5.12 is helpful for lazy late adapters like me :-),
but Charlie, please don't spend much time for them. As Werner comments,
notification "your Qt is too old to build ftinspect" is sufficient goal
for GSoC project.

Regards,
mpsuzuki