Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 22:11:27 +0900

Thank you very much for positive comment - Indeed, yet I've not considered and
tested with real CID fonts! I should rework.
Showing a string type value after the numerical value might be strange.

In conventional PostScript CID fonts, ROS is usually identified as a string like Adobe-Japan1-4, where
"Adobe" is the registry name (stored as a string), "CNS1" is the ordering (stored as a
string), and "4" is the supplement level (stored as an integer), like:

/CIDSystemInfo 3 dict dup begin
  /Registry (Adobe)  def
  /Ordering (Japan1) def
  /Supplement 1 def
end def

In my experience, I've never seen a font including a hypen in the strings of
Registry and Ordering, so there might be few serious requirements to show R/O/S
separately.

Regards,
mpsuzuki