Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: ftdump can show the CID registry, ordering, and supplement?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 22:08:12 -0400

Dear Suzuki,

> Indeed. If GID-CIDs are already sorted, it's easy to dump the
> available CIDs in a compressed syntax. Although I have no sample
> font including unsorted CIDs, I'm unsure whether it is required
> in some specifications.

The order of CIDs is in "registry, *ordering*, and supplement". Also
it is mentioned in the specs (5092): "A character collection consists
of an ordered set of all characters". I think we can rely on that.

If there is a CID to glyph index mapping in each file, why doesn't
FreeTyope generate a cmap?

Thanks,
Alexei