Adobe's SVG native as ft2 renderer hook (Re: Bug in rsvg+cairo hook with

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Adobe's SVG native as ft2 renderer hook (Re: Bug in rsvg+cairo hook with Nabla?
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 03:21:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Wednesday, 19 July 2023 at 05:07:42 BST, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> >> ... please post a link to the report if you do so :-)
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/issues/997

> By the way, is there any progress whether Adobe's compact SVG native
> viewer library can be used as a FreeType hook?  It comes with a Cairo
> backend, among others...

>   https://github.com/adobe/svg-native-viewer

The cairo backend was contributed by our Suzuki San (added CC).

The answer to your question is yes :-).

I chose the skia backend to use (ie dropping skia's own svg parser, but still use skia graphics) as svg renderer hook.

I built svg native with dual skia and cairo backends, and run its two backend test programs against the Nabla svg. The results only differ by edges.
The result is in the middle of librsvg and skia's own svg renderer.
Half of the resulting figure is black.

The new Adobe-skia hook code differs from the skia+skiasvg code by only about 5 lines plus header changes. A possible Adobe+cairo code differs from the librsvg+cairo code maybe by similar amount.

I'll put some screenshots up online, and you can see what I mean by its being half-black :-).