Re: [ft] Faster computation of text width?

From: John Found
Subject: Re: [ft] Faster computation of text width?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 10:58:57 +0200

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 05:48:44 +0100 (CET)
Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> And if you have really found a bug, it is a
> great aid to me for debugging and thus very efficient also – only a
> failing snippet can *exactly* demonstrate the issue.

No, I don't think I found some bugs. My questions are about FreeType use.
As long as the documentation describes only the less efficient way of FreeType
use,
I have no other choice than trying myself and asking questions.

Ah, BTW, I have a library architecture observation/note:

The structures FTC_ScalerRec and FTC_ImageType are in practice the same
structure,
described in some different way. Then why not to join them (add a field .flags
to FTC_ScalerRec)?

The same applies for the pairs of functions
FTC_ImageCache_Lookup/FTC_ImageCache_LookupScaler and
FTC_SBitCache_Lookup/FTC_SBitCache_LookupScaler.

One of the pair is actually redundant.

And last: In the documentation, I read that "We hope to also provide a kerning
cache in the near future."
Is these plans still alive?

Best Regards.

--