fsfe-france

[Fsfe-france] Re: Software Patents Agenda

From: PILCH Hartmut
Subject: [Fsfe-france] Re: Software Patents Agenda
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:02:05 +0200 (CEST)

>       I should have not said calendar but agenda :-) Here is the
> first draft I produced:
>
> http://www.fsfeurope.org/drafts/patents.en.html

Looks quite interesting and useful, thank you.

>       - Except for the 1st september 2001 milestone, I was not
>         able to find out what are the next events that should be
>         watched. Could you point me to a document that list them ?

We haven't listed them in any single document.

>       - I've not been able to spot documents related to lobbying
>         activity except: petition, consultation, jp smets reports
>         (where can I find an history of what happened with this
>          document ?). Anyone could, in theory, get an appointment
>         with EU officials on the subject of Software Patents. Did
>         someone do that ? Where can I find a history of such lobbying
>         activity.

It can't be found in any central place, but most of the things that were
done were documented.  Some appointments with EU officials took place and
will take place.

>       - How can I integrate the agenda I built into petition.eurolinux.org ?
>         Is it desirable, useless, too complex, not important ?

I will give you a zope login today so that you can build the page into the
petition site.  It seems

        http://petition.eurolinux.org/reference/agenda/

would be a good location.

>       - I found here and there references to official positions
>         taken by european governments on the subject of Software Patents
>         but I could not find pointers giving proofs of such positions.
>         Could you point to a specific document ?

All those points need to be worked in gradually.
That's what working with Zope can be good for.  Other people can go over
the page and add some things they know of.

We can take some of the dicsussions off the mailing lists and conduct them
in private or via address@hidden

-phm