Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Group doing Open Source

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Group doing Open Source
Date: 25 Jul 2003 07:52:48 +0100

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 00:27, Ramanan Selvaratnam wrote:
> >What's with all the /* */?
>
> It remains unexplained.

How bizarre :o)

> >Good catch. I'm guessing you said something about us to them, cos they
> >sent us a marketing email ;)
>
> No.
> I discuss free software with people interested with DCE sometimes...
> that is the closest connection I can think of, if any.

Wierd - it just must have been co-incidental timing then. Hm, it would
be interesting to find out..

> This has already been discussed but I wonder whether the recess might
> affect any stall at the UKUUG's Linux thingy
> I am going and can help iwth stall but feel as if I am not the correct
> person to take a lead on this.

As far as I know, none of the committee are able to make that event,
unfortunately :( I think last year we had one person go, who was able to
take some leaflets up - we were hoping to do the same again this year,
but hadn't managed to arrange this with someone. It might be a bit late
now, but you could take some leaflets if you were able :)

Cheers,

Alex.