[Fsfe-uk] Elections, rules failure at first hurdle

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Elections, rules failure at first hurdle
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:08:14 +0100

I'll put my hand up for this, I was one of those asked to look at the
rules, this being due to my long experience of sitting on other peoples
boards/councils at national level in order to poke my nose into other
peoples business.

Yes, I did have long experience, and I even sat on one or two rules
Committees, Chairing one, However I have for the past ten years been in
constant pain, and thus have absorbed huge quantities of synthetic
morphine. If I made a balls up, (as is quite likely) I apologise. However
as the yokel said, if I was going there I wouldn't have started from here.
Recriminations get nobody anywhere, and getting angry about an existing
situation is going to alter nothing, someone needs to come up with a form
of words which address this particular situation, thats why  organisations
have Rules Committees, to engage in the process of evolving the rules.
What did everybody expect, that it was going to come right first time?
--
John Seago