Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proof of how scared senseless higher ed is of MS

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proof of how scared senseless higher ed is of MS
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:46:12 +0100

Hi Paul,

> [Snip professional problems encountered after responding to a troll.]
>
> In an argument I had with him coming back from just outside of
> Cambridge a few years back, I was arguing that using anything not from
> MS would give companies an advantage as they would be more productive.

That's a stupid argument.  How productive a piece of software will be to
a company is not measured by whether it says `Microsoft' on the packet.

I expect your bigotry is putting the people you're trying to persuade
off `free software'.  And please stop using `Microsod' or any other
childish replacement and it slows down this reader, and many others.

There's two sides to everything.  I know what one I'm one, but it helps
to see the other.

Cheers,

Ralph.